Africa Scarf in Lime and Mardi Gras, Sosumi Weaving by Pamela Whitlock
Sosumi Weaving-Pamela Whitlock creates this artistic, Bamboo Africa Scarf in Lime and Mardi-Gras.
Pamela's weaving utilizes 100% bamboo yarn, spun from the cellulose of that highly renewable plant material. Like the cane, the yarn is crazy strong; the dyes are fast, permanent, and seriously non-bleeding. Once your handwoven scarf comes off the loom and through the washer and dryer, the hand and drape resemble that of a silk/cashmere blend.
These scarves are geometric, and sculptural in pattern, and are both soft to the touch and elegant to the eye.
- Handmade in the USA
- Artisan-Crafted, Handwoven Scarf, Scarves
- Size: Approximately 72" L x 9-10" W
- Shipping: approximately two to four weeks
Pamela Whitlock's weaving techniques include multi-harness shadow weave color, two-harness color, and weave effect. In addition to her line of luxurious scarves woven of rayon chenille and ribbon or "flag" yarns, she has most recently developed a new line using 100% bamboo fiber, sometimes mixed with recycled sari silks/banana fiber.
1. Free Ground Shipping: On most items $150.00 and over, and under 25 lbs.
2. Ground Shipping Charges: 0 - $149.99 = $18.00 (USPS, FedEx, and UPS only)
3. Freight Charges: Larger items, for example, furniture.
4. International Orders: Must contact us first: email@example.com
For any shipping requirement other than free ground shipping, please call (845) 679-2622, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of handcrafted work, subtle variations are natural.
About Pamela Whitlock
"I consider myself to be a craftsman as well as an artist. I create pieces that have both the practical function of providing warmth to the wearer, as well as the aesthetic value of enhancing the beauty of everyday life. My influences were my mother, an avid knitter, and Jack Lenor Larsen, whose wonderful fabrics covered the furniture in my childhood home."