Shibori Silk Shawl SA-319 in Turquoise Blue and Pink by Cathayana
Min W. Chiu and Xiaoke (Sharon) of Cathayana create this handwoven silk shawl SA-319, in turquoise, blue, and pink colors.
Handmade in the USA.
* Size: 82” L x 36” W before pleating
* Dry clean only, pleats are steam set and should be kept dry. Store your shawl coiled in a zip lock bag.
Shipping: approximately one to two weeks.
1. Free Ground Shipping: On most items $100.00 and over, and under 25 lbs.
2. Ground Shipping Charges: 0 - $99.99 = $18.00 (USPS, FedEx, and UPS only)
3. Freight Charges: Larger items, for example, furniture.
4. International Orders: Must contact us first: email@example.com
For any shipping requirement other than free ground shipping, please call (845) 679-2622, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of handcrafted work, subtle variations are natural.
Min W. Chiu of Cathayana says "My teacher of colors is nature. My job is to present beautiful colors of nature through my artwork." By carefully balancing different dyes, Min Chiu uses the Shibori technique on silk to express her inspirations from nature. Oftentimes, the final pieces exceed all expectations with their remarkable beauty. That is why Min fell in love with the Shibori technique.
Min and her sister-in-law, Xiaoke (Sharon) Wang, create unlimited possibilities that replicate nature. The Shibori silk shawls and Shibori infinity silk scarves are hand made in Troy, Michigan. Each one of them is hand dyed, hand pleated, optionally discharged, and hand painted.
Dry clean only, keep scarf dry, do not iron, coil it up and put it in a Ziploc bag (gallon size recommended) for carrying it around or for storage, and leave some air in the bag to protect the scarf from being crushed, as well as, to protect it from liquid or moisture.